Request from Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozadars

New
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am from Turkey and I have been snorkeling for years here. Unfortunately I havent had time for scuba but I really want to learn in the near future.
I am editor of a Turkish reef aquarium keeping web site and I am currently writing a book about reef keeping. It is going to be the first book about reef and saltwater aquariums in Turkish.
I (actually not only me but all other Turkish reefers) have been helping people over my web site for years and trying for this hobbie to be done in the correct way. Unfortunately local fish sellers know nothing about salt water systems but with our site we have improved the hobbie a lot.
However a book is a must to reach more people and I feel it as a duty to do it. Its not a profit seeking book. I would even like to earn some money that would meet the web site expenditures we have ever done but in Turkey its almost impossible to earn enough money from a book, especially from a hobbie book which has just a couple of hundereds of hobbists.
As I am a really bad photographer, I talked to a couple of underwater & aquarium photographers to share their photos for the book and they accepted. I want to thank Scott Janssen and Greg here.
If anyone else wants to share their photos to complete photographs of all the animals, I would be appriciate.
Thanks,
Selim Özadar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom