Request for travel and/or logistics advice - Cat Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of the dives that I have always wanted to do was to dive with Oceanic White Tips. From everything that I have read, at the right time of the year, Cat Island Bahamas is the place to go. There are agencies that can arrange for these dives once you get to Cat Island, but it seems that the trick is to get there.

Has anybody done the Oceanic White Tip dives from Cat Island and if so how did you get there? I would imagine that I will be traveling with my dive gear and my camera gear. Also, if you have done this, who did you dive with and would you recommend them?

I live in Ontario so flying into (connecting through) MIA, FLL, or NAS out of either Toronto or Buffalo would all be options.

Thanks.

You'll need to fly to Nassau (NAS) and take a domestic carrier (Sky Bahamas) to the Bight airport. From there you'll need to taxi to Hawks Nest Marina.

You'll need to fly to Nassau (NAS) and take a domestic carrier (Sky Bahamas) to the Bight airport. From there you'll need to taxi to Hawks Nest Marina.
Thank you for the reply. Did you do the dives with the Oceanic White Tips? Was it a good trip?

Back
Top Bottom