[REQUEST] Converting 'cold' Wetsuit to 'warmer' Wetsuit/semi-drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlennTech

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello guys/girls,
I've the Maris Thermik wetsuit but it was a bit of a of a miss-buy. It has a zipper in front of the body (vertically). And I would like to add a double seal to my wrists and ankles, like in a semi-drysuit. And maybe a kind of neck seal. I hate the water floating inside it feels so damn cold.

So is this possible?

Possibly, but not probable. IMHO you will end up with something that almost works, for a lot more money than getting something that does work.

Wrist and ankle seals shouldn't pose a big problem to install. But are the suit seams watertight? If not then you have to seal them. The zipper up the front is the biggest problem. The zipper will leak, and being vertical it precludes installing a standard style neoprene neck seal.

What might help - outside of getting a dry suit - is to wear a hooded vest on the OUTSIDE. This will cut down the water entry from the neck and the zipper considerably and will add another layer to your core.

Forgot to mention that the hoods is attached to the vest. Its a zipper hood and the wetsuit is a 2 pieces suit.

Here's a product from Apollo Bio -Seals. Costs $60.00 for wrists or ankles.

Apollo Bio-Seal Wrist Set

I would also suggest a hooded vest. Though you may want to consider Pinnacle's hooded vest with a merino wool layer on the inside. I like this vest, it keeps me warm. The rubber of the vest would tend to help seal the inside of the zipper on your wetsuit. In some respects this may work better than the previous post's suggestion, which also has merit.

This

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom