Reputable dive operator in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'll be travelling to Indonesia for the first time in October.

I know it's not the best of times due to the rainy season arriving, but I have no other options.

I have a two weeks' circuit and five nights at Novotel Benoa before heading back home to Europe.

I am an experienced diver with close to 300 dives (PADI Instructor) but haven't been diving for almost two years.

Can you recommend a reputable dive centre where to have fun?

I speak English, French, some German and some Spanish.

Thanks in advance!

Cucciola

Since we've stayed in Bali, and transited through Bali to dive elsewhere, but have not yet dived Bali, I can't comment on dive operators. Many threads in this forum already do so. But, I can tell you that, even at the end of October, you will likely see only a tiny hint of upcoming the rainy season. On the coast, probably none at all. October is pretty prime weather in Bali, in our experience.

First of all thanks for answering me!

I've seen some of the posts, but you will know the reputation of such a sport as scubadiving depends on the people who run the business.

Something which was excellent a year ago might not be the same today, and the other way around, especially when it comes to divemasters knowing the inside outs of the reefs they call their day-to-day office.

Up to now the one which gives me the most positive impression is bidp, but I'm open to all ideas.

Cucciola

Been there last 4 years in Oct. Minimal chance of rain, but surprises happen. Usually no impact on diving.

I like Scuba Seraya in Tulamben. No night life, though.

October is not a bad time at all to dive in the Bali area. I have a couple of recommendations, based on both personal experience and the satisfaction of clients I send there.

1) Go first to Nusa (means "island") Lembongan to dive with the mola-molas (alternately called "ocean sunfish" or "moon fish"). October is near the end of the season when they are found there, but chances are you will get to see some. This is one of the few places in the world you can plan to dive with molas. Spend several days there and while you're there, also get around to Manta Point to dive with the manta rays.

2) Next, go to the already-mentioned area of Tulamben on the northeast coast of Bali. The diving is excellent there--mostly small stuff in contrast with the big fish you can see diving from Lembongan. Plus the spectacular shipwreck USAT Liberty, which has become an artificial reef with every square centimeter covered with life, and with fish teeming all around it. Spend a few more days up here.

3) If you still have time on Bali, travel up to the Menjangan area (northwestern coast) for a different view, or maybe to Gili, an island off the northeast coast.

4) Ops. There are many good ones, but if you take my advice and dive more than area of Bali, I would advise going with an op that has several "branches" in different dive areas since they will organize all your transfers and put all the costs (lodging, diving, transportation) in one invoice so you know what you'll be spending before you leave home. PM me for more information about ops. (Many esteemed colleagues in Bali and I don't want to appear to favor one over the other--it all depends on your needs).

October is actually a good time to be here......

There are a number of very good operators in Bali,

Try any of the following....all good and can assist with all your needs
Bali Diving, SCUBA Dive Bali Indonesia with AquaMarine Diving Bali
Bali Diving Academy | Diving Bali | Bali Diving Adventures
Bali Diving - SSI Scuba Diving Courses - PADI Scuba Diving Courses
Diving Bali with Bali Scuba. Bali diving trips, PADI courses and Nitrox.
World Diving Lembongan Home

If you decide to chance you luck for Mola Mola (towards the end of the season but still around) try World Diving or Bali Dive Academy
Bali Dive academy based in Pumeteran, Sanur, Lembongan, Gili trawangan and work with resorts in Tulamben

I'd highly recommend Absolute scuba bali in Padangbai. They are a top-notch shop. I was certified there and it is a fantastic shop. They offer dive safaris around the island where you can sample the diving.

Or you can stay in Padangbai and dive lots of shops from north to south.

You can just google "absolute scuba bali"

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I've been to bali 4X and will go back this august.

We have dived with AquaMarine which is very well run, and also with Tulamben Wreck Divers.

Would highly recommend both.

Our dives with both these organisations have been within the last twelve months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom