Reporting Live From...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caloy, if it stays like this bring long pants and big jackets!! Text me for the latest before you leave...

Updat for my 'locale'
-10F wind chill brings it to -18F, just had 10 inches of snow 3 days ago, finally digging out. My local club did their last dive on Jan 1 in Lake Michigan. it was warm then +25F. the water was +32F. Everyone with a drysuit was there. Now if they want to dive, they will need a chainsaw to cut through the ice to dive, (yes some still dive)
Photos - The Chicago Scuba Meetup Group (Chicago, IL) - Meetup.com .:shocked2: Yes I think they're crazy also.
My wife and I were hoping to go to the Philippines this year, but her job and mine are cutting back on our hours, so we will try for next year. :depressed:
Stay warm!

to help you ;
C= (F-32)x 5/9
C= (-10-32)x 5/9
C= ( -42) x 5/9
C= -210/9
C= (-27) -10F=-27C even your freezer is not that cold!
to describe wind chill; a cooling wind on a hot day. below +20F there are charts to determine how cold it feels to your skin.
I can't wait to get back to the Philippines.

Hey everyone,
My partner & i are planning to visit the Visayas in February (2 weeks from now!!!!), but are not very encouraged by the weather reports.
We work on a boat on the west coast of Canada, cruising north in the summers where it is still cold, and have waited a long time for a taste of summer and some serious tropical diving!!
Is sunshine expected or at least normal in Feb, even if it rains 1 x a day, is the sun coming out??? I'm sooo pale... and my dive gear is ready to go!
Vis sounds cloudy and ferries disrupted...
Bohol, Cabilao, Dumaguete areas.
I need to decide today about tickets...
give me hope!

sun is peeking through today in Dumaguete - i think you can expect to see it in Feb too!

Mabul - sunny and mostly clear. water temp 27C. Thinking I should have gone back to PG...

Back
Top Bottom