Replacing ST1 LP Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFRedrocks

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a leak in the LP hose that feeds my Atomic ST1 regulator. This hose is attached to the second stage via the "comfort swivel." My question is, to replace the leaky LP hose and still be able to use the comfort swivel, do I need to replace the entire hose unit (meaning that the hose and comfort swivel are one unit and cannot be separated) or can I just remove the leaking hose from the swivel and simply replace the hose with another LP (regulator) hose?

BFRRedrocks,

Unfortunately the swivel is permanently attached to the hose that comes on the ST1 Regulator. However XS Scuba makes a swivel that is very similar to the Atomic in size and quality called the XS Scuba Swivel Adapter. It costs $34.99 it's practically the same thing just fits one the end of any standard regulator hose. This way you can replace the hose and still use a swivel on it as well. That does mean that the swivel on the hose is rendered useless but unfortunately there is no other way around that unless you have someone that can make you a hose and install it on their, which may end up costing you 2 or 3 times what it cost to replace the hose and swivel. I have pasted a link below so that you can see the swivel I am referring to.

Xs Scuba Swivel Adapter discounts on sale XS Scuba

Well this may not be the best news, but as far as I know you have to replace the entire hose assembly. Three different styles available, Brass, Stainless and of course Titanium. Let me know if we can help you out.

Thanks for the reply guys. I find it a little disconcerting that I now have to pay ~$100 for a simple LP rubber hose just to keep using the Atomic comfort swivel. I guess with the XS version mentioned above, I could keep the cost down to ~$60-70, which still seems a lot for this setup. Hence why my "tagline" says I'm tapped out from buying scuba gear. :)

Unfortunately the swivel is permanently attached to the hose

The above is only partly true. There is a swag component but the swivel housing can be put on another hose. I would contact AA and see if they can supply the hose with swaged part and nothing else. You might not save a lot over a new hose but you might save some. (Or really send the old hose to AA and have them replace and reuse what they can).

I've got a 30in atomic swivel hose from an ST1 reg that I'll let go for $45 (including shipping).

Used ~15 dives in saltwater.

Depending on what's leaking, I'd ask AA if it's a warranty item. The swivel is neither cheap nor easily swapped out, meaning it should last or they should fix it.

Depending on what's leaking, I'd ask AA if it's a warranty item. The swivel is neither cheap nor easily swapped out, meaning it should last or they should fix it.

Thanks, I already sent it in to AA and they're looking at it for warranty replacement. Ryan over at AA has been outstanding with his customer service and support, so I'm sure this will get resolved appropriately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom