Replacing O-Rings (Light and Motion Housing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda:
I think it's about time I take the precaution of changing the primary O-Ring in my housing for the first time. It's a Light&Motion D100 housing. Any tips or tricks that you can share or is it a pretty straightforward process?

I'm not sure what you meant by the "primary" o-ring, but if you are changing the two o-rings on the back, it is very straight forward. Remove them as you would when greasing them, clean the grooves, grease up the new o-rings and slide them into place.

I did mine about a month ago after the housing flooded (but I saved the camera :D !).

The O-rings on the ports are pretty much the same.

Must admit that the only time I change the o-rings is when the housing goes in for a port or a PCB replacement. Living on Catalina they are not subjected to wide temperature or humidity fluctuations nor is there much ozone in our air.

Dr. Bill

Yeah, changing the main backs are a no brainer, but the internal ones...

I just try to send the housing back to Backscatter (who probably takes it across the street to L & M.. for O-rings... the ones for the buttons, dials etc.. you also have one on the "Port?" that should be checked occassionally, but the internal ones are way beyound my mech-level... costs? apx $125
they want it done every year, but me thinks 2 years is good..

HTH...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom