replacing K valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
my AL80 has a broken valve knob from shipment...seller is sending me a valve as soon as i let him know the thread size...is it going to be too difficult to get the valve off? if so, any advice? i don't have a large vice to hold the tank. while cranking the valve off..

all4scuba05:
i don't have a large vice to hold the tank. while cranking the valve off..

As long as the tank is empty, you should be able to remove the valve by hand. No vice needed :wink:

yeah... make sure to drain the tank completly, and then you should be able to
unscrew the valve by hand.

at most, you should be able to do it with a large-enough wrench, just to get
it moving

you will need a new vip (as stated) if you tell the shop that you changed valves,
so maybe they can do it for you since they're going to have to remove
the valve anyway

all4scuba05:
my AL80 has a broken valve knob from shipment...seller is sending me a valve as soon as i let him know the thread size....

I thought all Al80s took the same size valve. If so, seller should be able to send new valve and LDS can make the swap as they do the visual.

If using air put Dow 111 on threads to stop it from seizing. If using nitrox use an oxegen compatable anti-seize compound

thanks...valve did come off with no air in tank...and thanks for the lube advice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom