Replacement O-Ring for Radio Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh S

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have a good replacement for the o-ring in the original Nautilus Lifeline Marine VHF Radio and GPS? Nautilus seems to only have an o-ring for their new GPS model and I can't find a source for the older model anywhere other than a site in Australia that doesn't ship to the US.

I read elsewhere a vague reference to a "camera housing o-ring". But… which one? The o-ring appears to measure ~18cm and is roughly 1/2cm "thick" (top-to-bottom, not inside-to-outside, as it does not have a circular cross section). Should I just take it to an UW camera shop and see if I can find an o-ring that will fit?

The radio works fine. But, without an o-ring to keep it water-tight, I won't be taking it on any future dives…

Anyone have a good replacement for the o-ring in the original Nautilus Lifeline Marine VHF Radio and GPS? Nautilus seems to only have an o-ring for their new GPS model and I can't find a source for the older model anywhere other than a site in Australia that doesn't ship to the US.

I read elsewhere a vague reference to a "camera housing o-ring". But… which one? The o-ring appears to measure ~18cm and is roughly 1/2cm "thick" (top-to-bottom, not inside-to-outside, as it does not have a circular cross section). Should I just take it to an UW camera shop and see if I can find an o-ring that will fit?

The radio works fine. But, without an o-ring to keep it water-tight, I won't be taking it on any future dives…

Have you not e-mailed the company to ask about the o-ring spec? Chances are they'll tell you exactly the specifications of the o-ring. Hell, I've had manufacturers give McMaster part numbers for stuff even....

Have you not e-mailed the company to ask about the o-ring spec? Chances are they'll tell you exactly the specifications of the o-ring. Hell, I've had manufacturers give McMaster part numbers for stuff even....
I've sent a request, we'll see what I get back. Having companies discontinue supplying consumable parts in less than 3 years is not a good sign…

Update: contacted Nautilus and was setup with a custom order for a few spare o-rings. Hoping they'll last me the life of the radio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom