Replacement fiber optic cable mounting plate for FIX or Nauticam Canon S100 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swamster

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I use a FIX S100 housing with my Canon S100 along with Sea&Sea YS-01 strobes. On a recent dive trip, I lost the original mounting plate (the small black plastic piece that blocks the flash window and has two sockets for attaching Sea&Sea type fiber optic cables). I'm looking for a replacement but none of the major UW photo equipment retailers appear to have it in stock. Apparently, it would cost $50 to special order it from FIX in Japan! If I'm going to have to pay anywhere close to that much for a tiny piece of plastic, I'd rather get the Nauticam version of the same part (the FIX and Nauticam models are essentially identical), which has two hex screws that keep the plate secured on the housing. The FIX version just has little push-plugs that are easily detached accidentally, which is how I lost it in the first place...I think it got yanked out by the fiber optic cable and then fell off into the deep dark ocean and probably got eaten by a triggerfish :depressed:

For the moment, I've 'hand-crafted' a temporary replacement that does the job but I'd like to get an OEM replacement for the long-term. I'm wondering if it might be possible to get a used part, but I have no idea where to look. Any suggestions?

Here's a photo of the housing with the mounting plate circled:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fedxf88t2uiaoy7/S110 housing.jpg

S110%20housing.jpg

Are the holes on the fix housing threaded? If so it will be very easy to buy a couple of stainless screws to hold on a black piece of plastic with 2 holes drilled in it.
Should be very simple.
Bill

True, but the original strobe mask/cable mounting plate isn't a flat piece of plastic, it's about 1cm deep to accommodate the fiber optic cable plugs so that they rest securely on the flash window. So ideally a plastic piece with a lip..

You might try calling up Reef Photo, since Nauticam USA is behind a door in there building.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom