Replacement: Cobalt Key Pad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Ron

My wife's Keypad on her Cobalt needs replacement. The "enter" button is stuck. We live in Singapore and it's hard to get replacement parts. Best, Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Best option would be to email Adan at Atomic (adan.campos@huishoutdoors.com) and ask for a replacement to be sent- or if you know someone coming over, sent along with them. The newer keypads with the fully molded magnets don't seem to have a problem, so it should be a permanent fix. The enter button is critical, until you have a replacement you could swap either the UP or DOWN button to maintain diving function.

-Ron

Hi, I have a Cobalt 2 as well-- bought it about 16 months ago. About a week ago the enter button started working only intermittently-- about 1 out of every 4 attempts works. Unit serial number is 0914-0496. Is replacement of the keypad something I need to send the unit back to the factory to correct, or can the part be sent to me in Florida and it be replaced by my dive shop technician where I purchased the computer? I am a dive instructor, have a full schedule and would rather not work around if I did not need to. Appreciate the help. . .

Yes, your serial # shows a 2014 date of manufacture, so before the keypad changes were in place. Changing the keypad out is an easy task to do yourself in a couple of minutes, I will send you a link to instructions. Contact Adan at Atomic service adan.campos@huishoutdoors.com and explain that you need a keypad.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom