Replacement bungee straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did you change the size/design of the bungee straps?

So I need to replace the bungee straps on my FF Pro's. I purchased a new strap kit and the bungee's look a little different. The "stock" bungees look like they are tapered at the end, where the replacements are the same size through the length of the bungee.

I can get the bungee through the eylet, but it is very difficult to get the plastic collar on that secures the strap in place (by closing the two teeth).

Do I need to replace the attachment posts as well?

Markmantei, we have not changed our bungee system. The plastic collar should be tight..we use a hand grip to close. You can use pliers or vise grips to help pull ring onto post. Just take your time. You can always call me at the office. Hole punching 25 pairs of SD-1 military today, so a phone break is welcome. Best, Bob

As I wrote in another thread I take the heel pad off and find the plain bungee works better than the bungee/heel pad complex. The heel pad slides off the bungee so there is no damage to it if you change your mind.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom