Replace roll call with buddy list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see that Tatsubon's long dead Vancouver roll call thread is still being posted in by new divers. Perhaps we should have a moderator remove that sticky and replace it with a thread of ScubaBoarders that are open to being contacted by other members. I know on more than one occasion I've found myself befriending total strangers at dive sites because I couldn't find a buddy:D.

Good thinking.

It would be nice if it also had some basic info that may not be in the profile (Where you live, what you like doing, comfort level, etc)

And as nice as it is to greet people to the forum, if we could keep the 'Welcome' posts out, we could more easily scan for new buddies.

What do you think?

I agree Skookumchuck...good idea...Tatsubon did start something good though..i'm going to Tuwanek tomorrow with someone i met here...what ever happened to Tatsubon??
Take Care]Y'all

I think Tatsubons old thread is working just as well as a new thread will work. New people regularly post on that old thread, and in 6mo. or a year the "new" thread will be old and look pretty much the same.

Up in the top right there is the buddy finder feature, you can zomm in on a google map and find a buddy nearby. There are only two BC people on there so far, but we could all add ourselves.

By far the most successful thing I ever did to find buddies was make my own post looking for buddies. I've met a dozen of more divers through that one post. People have even PMed about that post over a year after it was initially made.

Well buddy finder was not easy to sign up for. But I did it. Still don't see me on the map, untill I put my Lat and Long into the search. I will also try to post more when I'm going out.

Anyone who needs a buddy fell free to pm me.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom