replace pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one I had (Tygon?) used the same hole as an exhaust valve.
I never found a different pee valve that used the same large hole. Eventually had a de-lamination issue with the suit and got the suit replaced with a different one, this time with a tinkle. I like the tinkle, never an issue with it.

hi

i have a si tech pee valve, is it possible to install another pee vavle like light monkey, dive right, halcyon... to the same hole?

thanks
What's the issue with the Trigon?

What's the issue with the Trigon?
Don't know about the OP, but for me it was that it leaked. Had the recall, that also leaked. Take it apart for cleaning and I could put water on the mushroom valve and it would leak past. Even with the improved version. Inspect it, leak stops, sometimes. I have heard from others that strong flow will disrupt the mushroom valve and you end up with a wet leg. The leak was always from the inside not getting to the outside correctly. Not a one time event. More than I can count. With multiple attempts to fix including a new body.

I did like the smooth low profile exterior. But the functionality wasn't there for me.

My drysuit "tailor" patched the existing pee valve exit with some neoprene on both sides, then mounted the pee valve through that.

(The problem was where the pee valve had worn through the membrane suit; the patches stopped that.

BTW it was quite a major service; both zips replaced (have a fly zip too!), several holes fixed and the Scitec dump valve replaced. Still a lot cheaper than a new suit and has given it a couple or three more years of service.)

Don't know about the OP, but for me it was that it leaked. Had the recall, that also leaked. Take it apart for cleaning and I could put water on the mushroom valve and it would leak past. Even with the improved version. Inspect it, leak stops, sometimes. I have heard from others that strong flow will disrupt the mushroom valve and you end up with a wet leg. The leak was always from the inside not getting to the outside correctly. Not a one time event. More than I can count. With multiple attempts to fix including a new body.

I did like the smooth low profile exterior. But the functionality wasn't there for me.

Mine leaked from the inside. I went back and forth with sitech via email (in their defense they were very responsive). I think 15 emails back and forth. For me it ended up being the hose connected to the brass barb. It had crystal like deposits on the brass barb and the hose had become very weak in that area. It made its way around the barb and into the suit. After I took everything apart and cleaned it really well I didn't have any issues.

Mine leaked from the inside. I went back and forth with sitech via email (in their defense they were very responsive). I think 15 emails back and forth. For me it ended up being the hose connected to the brass barb. It had crystal like deposits on the brass barb and the hose had become very weak in that area. It made its way around the barb and into the suit. After I took everything apart and cleaned it really well I didn't have any issues.
That wasn't my issue. I could take the suit side of the valve and put a teaspoon of water in it. About all it will hold. It would drip right past the mushroom valve. Sometimes.

Or I would do a post dive rinse with the valve still on the suit and a quarter of the water I was flushing through would go into the suit.

Contacted SiTech, sent video, never heard back. Other than the recall I could not get a response out of SiTech.

Problem was fixed as the suit was made with a bad batch of material and was falling apart. Got a new suit made with a different valve.

That wasn't my issue. I could take the suit side of the valve and put a teaspoon of water in it. About all it will hold. It would drip right past the mushroom valve. Sometimes.

Or I would do a post dive rinse with the valve still on the suit and a quarter of the water I was flushing through would go into the suit.

Contacted SiTech, sent video, never heard back. Other than the recall I could not get a response out of SiTech.

Problem was fixed as the suit was made with a bad batch of material and was falling apart. Got a new suit made with a different valve.

Understood... if I had to do it all again I would go with the LM. Some of that might be "grass is greener" because I've never used one. Install wise (after installing the Trigon and watching videos of the LM) I think the LM is easier, but again, could be grass is greener.

So far, I can't personally fault the Trigon. It works well if I'm not lazy and take care of it...speaking of which I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, lol...

Understood... if I had to do it all again I would go with the LM. Some of that might be "grass is greener" because I've never used one. Install wise (after installing the Trigon and watching videos of the LM) I think the LM is easier, but again, could be grass is greener.

So far, I can't personally fault the Trigon. It works well if I'm not lazy and take care of it...speaking of which I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, lol...
I recived my DUI with an OMS "balanced" pee valve. It never worked correctly and I got a squeeze and two UTI's. I had it replaced with the new style Diverite valve without having to mod the suit. The Diverite is a larger diameter than LM or Halcyon. I'm going to try and get some money back since the OMS valve is less than a year old with a two year warranty. OMS valve is an over-engineered bulky POS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom