Repair Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an old Tabata liquid filled depth gauge that has been "compromised". Read that the rubber back has been punctured and the oil leaked out.

Anyone know of a place that could repair it?

I know it's not practical, just wanted to try and do it for the fish (for the halibut).

sealskin98:
I have an old Tabata liquid filled depth gauge that has been "compromised". Read that the rubber back has been punctured and the oil leaked out.

Anyone know of a place that could repair it?

I know it's not practical, just wanted to try and do it for the fish (for the halibut).

Mike. I'd think about getting a new one...I know, I know, it's painful. Then go eat a good steak in honor of the halibut.

Regards,

Try a Tusa dealer. I think Tabata became Tusa back around when we were making the switch to color TV. Or maybe it was a bit later, like when everyone thought Mr. Jobs was being foolish investing all his Apple earnings into his latest project (Macintosh).

I went out to the garage and checked. My Tabata depth gauge says 1982 on the rubber backing. I'll stick it in my reg bag for ya. Just for the halibut.

Texass:
Try a Tusa dealer. I think Tabata became Tusa back around when we were making the switch to color TV. Or maybe it was a bit later, like when everyone thought Mr. Jobs was being foolish investing all his Apple earnings into his latest project (Macintosh).

I went out to the garage and checked. My Tabata depth gauge says 1982 on the rubber backing. I'll stick it in my reg bag for ya. Just for the halibut.

Thanks Des. None of the LDSs want to mess with one that old, they suggest just buy a new one. May have to find a place that specializes in restoring old equip. It is with an old Tusa regulator set a friend gave me and would like to have the set completely working again, just nostalga thing. :D

From what I'm hearing about parts for Dacor (that sold out to HTM) I may be able to get the Tusa serviced easier than my Extreme regs. Only one place in Dallas could do my Dacor a couple of years ago and the LDS in College Station had to order the parts last year. Luckily the parts for that model were still available.

Texass:
Try ScubaToys . They still sell/service Dacor regs. They're also a Tusa dealership.

Will check 'em out, haven't been by there yet. Wanna check out the one that took over Ocean's Window. I know, no bad mouthin' old shops here for damaging equip.

Had two Dacor depth gauges flood and didn't want to pay new price for one and finally found a used U.S. Divers one with maximum depth indicator at Broken Bow for $25 that fit my Dacor console. But I want the old Tabata fixed. Thanks for helpin' with my "quest".
:wink:

Dang I need to buy a computer.

sealskin98:
It is with an old Tusa regulator set a friend gave me and would like to have the set completely working again, just nostalga thing. :D

I picked up a '76 ScubaPro MK5 complete with octo and console...and an atpac from a kid at twin lakes earlier this year, along with a 72 I just had hydro'd and was fine. It'll make a nice classic rig to play with when I get it all rebuilt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom