Repair parts for Dacor BC vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have an old Dacor BC Vest that I would like to get repaired. The manual fill tube that screws onto the vest, the cap that screws on is broken and want to find someone who can repair it a replacement part to do it myself. I have tried two places scuba repair express of Oregon and a place down in the Keys but both are no longer in business. Can someone advise of a business that may still have Dacor parts and can either sell me the part or do the repairs

Attachments

• 20240825_121553.jpg
    20240825_121553.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240825_121606.jpg
    20240825_121606.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 25
Dacor has been dead for many years and I personally wouldn't trust any plastic parts for Dacor BC's as they are most likely brittle and subject to the same failure you see here. Your other, and perhaps best, option is to try and find a new generic replacement inflator with the same threads as the fitting.

Any suggestion on where to find one
Dacor has been dead for many years and I personally wouldn't trust any plastic parts for Dacor BC's as they are most likely brittle and subject to the same failure you see here. Your other, and perhaps best, option is to try and find a new generic replacement inflator with the same threads as the fitting.

Any suggestion on where to find one
There are none. Dive gear has an expected lifespan...your BCD has outlived that lifespan and you have discovered it needs to be replaced. To find a replacement, head to your friendly local dive shop and check out the current models or visit one of the many online retailers to scope out their offerings.

-Z

As stated, it has reached the end of life.
Spare parts quit being made a couple decades ago. They are all gone, or if there is anything around it is as old and brittle as what you are trying to replace. The parts have aged out, period. The rest of the plastic has aged the same. That was simply the first piece to let go. The rest will follow shortly.

Back
Top Bottom