Repair Mares BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Balaklava

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In August 2010 I bought one BC in one scuba store on Key Largo, BC was on sale, I paid only $100 + tax, BC was brand new but weight pockets were lost, so they were getting rid of them for very low price. The owner of this store told me that they don't have store warranty, but come with manufacturer's warranty.
BC: Mares Dragon AT
Anyways, later I found out that automatic deflation button doesn't work. Is there a way to fix it? And in case if I do qualify for manufacturer's warranty, how do I find out, I only see support for regulators and computers on Mares website, nothing for bcds... And if I don't qualify can I fix it somehow, or take it to some kind of repair shop in Miami area?

Hi, Bottom line is any new product purchased at an authorized Mares dealer is under manufacturers warranty to the original purchaser. This is regardless of the price you paid. Any authorized Mares dealer has the capacity to handle any warranty concerns for all customers. This is a world wide policy.

To clarify, the deflate button only works when under pressure from the tank (ie; reg hooked up, low pressure inflator hose connected to airtrim mechanism, and tank valve turned on with pressure in the tank). The deflate button is not designed to operate without air pressure. If you are still experiencing problems, I recommend talking to a local Mares dealer, with your receipt of purchase showing it was bought from a dealer as well as purchase date to verify terms of warranty. Good news for you is the Mares service center is in Boca so turn around time will be short. If you still have problems, you can drop me a PM and I'll put you in contact with our customer service.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom