Rent???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am leaving for a cruise to Cozumel, Belize & Roatan on Saturday.

My question is this; Should I or shouldn't I rent a strobe to use with my A70 and DS700 housing?

My main concern is the learning curve. This will be the first time that I will be using my A70 for underwater pictures and I don't want to be overwhelmed with tasks and therefore "miss" the dive because I was too busy trying to figure things out.

But on the other hand if a strobe is going to make a HUGE differance in the picture quality then...

Anyway, my LDS will rent me a YS90 with a mounting plate and sync cord for the week for $100.00. Is it worth it?

Parrothead_Diver:
I am leaving for a cruise to Cozumel, Belize & Roatan on Saturday.

My question is this; Should I or shouldn't I rent a strobe to use with my A70 and DS700 housing?

My main concern is the learning curve. This will be the first time that I will be using my A70 for underwater pictures and I don't want to be overwhelmed with tasks and therefore "miss" the dive because I was too busy trying to figure things out.

But on the other hand if a strobe is going to make a HUGE differance in the picture quality then...

Anyway, my LDS will rent me a YS90 with a mounting plate and sync cord for the week for $100.00. Is it worth it?

Hey - Not only is that great price for a weeks rental - you will LOVE the reults - it is a HUGE difference in your results!!! Have a great time, and show us what you get when you get home!!!
Holly
www.photocozumel.com
ISLAND PHOTO-VIDEO CENTER of COZUMEL

Rent the strobe. Make sure it's a fiberoptic cord, not a regular synch cord.

If you do get the strobe, get it a day early and hit the pool - at least with snorkel gear. If you can't, hit the shore dive when you arrive and practice!!

You'll only love the results if you have some idea of strobe placement and control - otherwise you'll end up with ten times the backscatter and/or dark subjects where the strobe hasn't been aimed properly.

You can practice on land, too.

Have fun and I look forward to the results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom