ReneeC Update - Life in South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all my scuba friends! No I did not drop off the earth or leave for destinations with no diveable waters!!

Finally have settled in to the new home in Central South Carolina and should be back in the water soon. (None since the September sojourn to Bonaire!) I've almost finished crossing over to SSI and will be teaching with a great shop in Sumter - Underwater Adventures - UnderH2OAdventures

Robby and Holley are the best! and they offer lots of trips at great pricing so check out their website.

Finally - if anyone is thinking about becoming a NAUI or SDI instructor and would like to purchase the instructor materials at a discount let me know. Send a PM and I will let you know what I have for each agency.

Cool Beans, Renee. Been thinking of you lately and wondering how ya been. Glad to hear you are settled in. Miss ya!

Jenny! Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and yours - say hello to Julie for me.

I shall send some pictures of the hacienda in the next couple days. Been waiting for the last trees to turn. Haven't had a "fall foliage" display in years. Its pretty but it means it is also cold.

I should be finally diving Crystal River and Ginnie Springs next month! Only took my leaving Florida to dive these places. And I'll be in the Keys in April. Haven't got to the Cooper yet but could be any day! Maybe we'll be able to hook up when I come to the Keys as I'll be driving down.

Life here is definately different but I like it even though I miss all my dive buddies and the nearness of the ocean. I guess it will be a measure of my commitment to diving living this far away from the water.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for! - great friends who give and gave me wonderful memories, a loving husband and beautiful home, a son and grandson who are healing in body and soul living here with me and a full and happy life I never would have believed possible.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL!

Cool Beans! Glad to hear you so up and chipper!!! Looking forward to diving with you soon! When are you going to Crystal River?

Come on down in Jan-Feb, it still gets cold in SC. Run a CPR/O2 provider course to pay your gas.

Glad to hear things are going well in SC, they have to be the friendliest people in the world. Try to get out of a store without a chat. They have a different way of doing things than the states to the north and south. Genteel sounds pretentious but it fits.

Happy turkey day!

Welcome to SC. There's not a better place to live. Close to the mountains and the beach plus pretty temperate weather all year. I'm in Columbia if you ever wanna do some local diving.

Brad

Good to hear that you are doing well, Renee! I actually used to live in Sumter (a long, long time ago) on Main Street. I was very young & don't remember much what I do remember is good. At least you are closer to the amazing wreck divning off the coast of NC! I hope we'll be able to hook up in April. Oh, & BTW.... pick up the phone & call me sometime! :rofl3:

Welcome to SC. There's not a better place to live. Close to the mountains and the beach plus pretty temperate weather all year. I'm in Columbia if you ever wanna do some local diving.

Brad

Brad - I am really looking forward to some local diving. Think I might have to invest in a dry suit though! Who are diving with now? Which shop? Maybe we can meet up some time over a drink and swap lies.

Renee

Welcome to the area!!there is some awsome lake diving in the area if you have a dry suit.

Thanks for the welcome! dry suit in the future - near future!

Back
Top Bottom