removing stubborn dryzip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mlavigne

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

I am working on a Santi drysuit that needs the works, wrist and neck seals and a dryzip. The wrist and neck seals (latex) came off without too much difficulty with the use of a heatgun, but I am having the worst time trying to get the dryzip off.

The finishing tape on the zippers seams are not releasing or peeling at all! I chipped away at it in one of the corners and cannot pry the exposed edge of the dryzip. Does anyone know if there is some secret voodoo that Santi uses? would MEK or some other aggressive solvent help or is that just for oil cleanup before regluing?

I've done seals on my other suit, so this isn't my first drysuit project, but that suit seemed to use a contact cement from the factory that released if you looked at it wrong. This Santi suit is kicking my ass.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Michael.

I think Santi uses Rema SC4000 in production and as far as I know this glue won't release with heat. You may need to sand it of using a dremel or similar.

Back
Top Bottom