Removing patches on DUI suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD

Reaction score
I just got my DUI CF200. The crushed neoprene suit.

I LOVE the suit, but the DUI patch on the right sleeve is FUGLY.

Can a guy just cut the threads holding the patch on? Will that cause a leak? It sounds like I dumb question, but I have to ask. I know it will leave a circular shadow there. I saw a patch at the dive shop I kinda like and thought I might just aquaseal one where the old one was. Will it work?

I know its vain but I had to ask.

You can NOT remove the DUI patch. If you do, it ceases to be a drysuit. Don't do it... You will take the soul away from that poor suit.

INFIDEL!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...

You might want to check to see if the threads go all the way thru the suit, and there is glue on the back side of it, the shape of the patch...
If so, if you remove it, yes, you will have a leaky suit...

:lol2: Hehe

I just checked. There is a "ring" of what looks like Aquaseal or some type of sealant inside the suit where the thread comes through. Looks just like what the seams are sealed with. So I guess I'm safe cutting the threads that hold the patch on.

Next question. Has anyone commited this sacriledge? I'm wondering if they have glued this sucker on and if it will be a pain-in-the-butt to get off?

SparkySFD:
:lol2: Hehe

I just checked. There is a "ring" of what looks like Aquaseal or some type of sealant inside the suit where the thread comes through. Looks just like what the seams are sealed with. So I guess I'm safe cutting the threads that hold the patch on.

Next question. Has anyone commited this sacriledge? I'm wondering if they have glued this sucker on and if it will be a pain-in-the-butt to get off?

Sparky, you are missing the whole point of that wonderful DF200 drysuit. Now pay close attention:

The patch is irrelevant.

JUST GO OUT & DIVE IT!!!

FrankF:
You paid $2,000 extra for the patch...might as well keep it!

This is the same guy that scratched the TAG off his watch and replaced it with a Joes Dive Shop sticker, and then snapped that stupid broken peace sign off the hood of his car and put a Dive Naked decal over it.

Whatta ya gonna do?

K

Frank

I paid a grand total of $788.00 for my suit.:rocker:

Gotta love eBay!

That patch has got to go. I'll sell it to you for $2000.:slick:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom