Removing a thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

back40

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How do I remove an old thread that I posted? Please send me a PM telling me how.
Thanks back40

You cannot, only SB Staff can do that.

What's the thread and why does it need to be removed?

Awaiting your PM...

I put a post to invite people to dive with me and the date has passed.
back40

back40,

I'd like to commend you for trying to help keep ScubaBoard up to date and clean.

The Kraken

El Orans:
You cannot, only SB Staff can do that.

What's the thread and why does it need to be removed?

Awaiting your PM...
Works faster if the thread is linked, but maybe he did that in the PM. Didn't think we deleted threads for those reasons, tho - just closed them maybe?

Why not delete it? I it's only closed, if some one does a "Search" and one of the criteria in the search is in the thread, it'll it'll show up in the search results. And there's really no need for that, is there?

the K

I have seen several people asking if they can delete threads they've started. Why do they feel they have to do this? They don't understand how the internet works? If you're done with a thread just leave it alone . . .

it's just more work for the Mods... but if they feel like going around deleting old threads ... it's their call

personally i'd charge a premium for the removal

1 thread: kiss my *** for a day

2 threads: kiss my *** for a week

3 threads: start a thread about how great i am

4 or more threads: every post you make ends with "and XYZ is a totally awesome Mod"

H2Andy:
it's just more work for the Mods... but if they feel like going around deleting old threads ... it's their call

personally i'd charge a premium for the removal

1 thread: kiss my *** for a day

2 threads: kiss my *** for a week

3 threads: start a thread about how great i am

4 or more threads: every post you make ends with "and XYZ is a totally awesome Mod"
Andy, I just deleted 10 of your threads, which is the total of 1+2+3+4, so please begin to apply to me all 4 from your list.

well, it has to be at MY request to count

:10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom