Remove Sitech neck ring system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moose_grunt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone removed their Sitech neck ring system? I've got the older one in a White's Fusion, and it digs into my collarbones under my BC straps. I've always just dealt with it, but after a project that required 4-6 hours of diving every day for a month, my horribly bruised collarbones beg me to get rid of it. Has anyone DIY'ed this, or sent it off to be done? Or is everybody else really happy with theirs?

Jim

I had the same problems as you. I sent my Fusion to DRIS to have the Sitech Neck Tite removed and replaced with a Whites's OEM latex seal. And no, I definitely was not happy with Sitech.

Has anyone removed their Sitech neck ring system? I've got the older one in a White's Fusion, and it digs into my collarbones under my BC straps. I've always just dealt with it, but after a project that required 4-6 hours of diving every day for a month, my horribly bruised collarbones beg me to get rid of it. Has anyone DIY'ed this, or sent it off to be done? Or is everybody else really happy with theirs?

Jim

I have the oldest (stiffest) one and only really notice the discomfort when walking around with doubles. Try loosening your shoulder straps (assuming you have a crotch strap).

Thanks everybody. I've actually never done the hanger thing, so I'll give that a go. If not, I'll try the link Aqua-Andy posted. Mine should(?) be easier to remove since it was a later addition to the suit, and so isn't stitched in. Only aquasealed :eek:.

Mine should(?) be easier to remove since it was a later addition to the suit, and so isn't stitched in. Only aquasealed :eek:.

You'll have to use a Dremel tool to grind/sand off the Aquaseal (according to DUI re Aquaseal removal). I've done it to remove a neck Zip-seal. Your's is probably glued on with contact cement, then sealed at the edge with Aquaseal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom