Remove O-Rings for Storage??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apply food grade silicone grease on your lights/camera housing O-rings , and keep the lid open.

One should only use what the mfg. requires to lube their o'rings. This is especially important for photography equipment such as housings, strobes, etc.

I've been told to run air through your regulators once a month. Apply food grade silicone grease on your lights/camera housing O-rings, and keep the lid open.
If you leave the lid open, doesn't that mean that the o-ring's exposed to the environment of your storage location, which means dust or other contaminants can accumulate? I've heard that even small contaminants can cause leaks. Thoughts?

If you leave the lid open, doesn't that mean that the o-ring's exposed to the environment of your storage location, which means dust or other contaminants can accumulate? I've heard that even small contaminants can cause leaks. Thoughts?
It is not necessary or helpful to leave your camera housing opened or O-rings removed. Do a good visual check before sealing. Use a microfiber towel to wipe down both sides of the housing sealing surfaces. A vacuum valve on your housing will go a long way to ensure you don't get a leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom