Reminder: Camping/diving at Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the Swampers will be having a weekend of camping, diving and general merriment on Sept 14th-16th at Windy Point on Lake Travis.

It looks like we will have great weather and the recent reports boast great vis below 50 ft.

I'll be arriving Friday afternoon around 5pm in order to set up camp. Is anyone planning to dive Friday night?

We hope to see you this weekend!

We were out there this past Friday and as you say, vis wasn't too bad past 50'.

However, if you go south (left if you are facing) platform 4, something is kicking up the silt pretty bad about 75 yards out or so.

I might be able to get a dive in, but, the wife is in her 38th week, so, not sure if I should chance it :)

Edit: btw, the fish were REALLY hungry... it was a frenzy! I got my ear bitten again... little biters!

I'm definitely going to be out there Friday night...and Saturday...and Sunday morning! My plan is to show up at 5pm at the latest and stake out a good site on the North side of the campground (to your right when you're facing the lake). I'll have my big ol' Texas flag hanging up somewhere nearby. Once I'm all set up I'm going diving. I'd sure like to get in at least one late dive too...say around 9:00 or 10:00.

See ya'll there!!

At this point looking at trying for Friday evening camp-out at WP.

John...I'll be out there about the same time on Friday evening. And I am definitely up for some night diving!

Alan...I really hope that you can join us. it would be nice to dive together again!

ATX...well I guess that a VERY pregnant wife is a good excuse to miss the campout! keep us updated on the "event".

I plan to be there on Friday morning. Anyone up for some diving before the crowd arrives?

Willie

At this point looking at trying for Friday evening camp-out at WP.

Daisy is going to be Pissed dude she sorta likes you :10:

So you plan to bail and leave me in Mexico alone with the Hippie chick ? :confused:

So just How are you planning to get back to Texas by Friday ???

:rofl3:

Daisy is going to be Pissed dude she sorta likes you :10:

So you plan to bail and leave me in Mexico alone with the Hippie chick ? :confused:

So just How are you planning to get back to Texas by Friday ???

:rofl3:

Its a tough call dude....remember the one legged fellow we met mid afternoon after that rockin lunch......hes got a 65' VW bug with 4 bald tires....he says I could get home in it if I wanted....but then there is sweet Daisy.....:( Guess I will sleep on it and ponder...ZZzzz

Back
Top Bottom