Remember what he has done for us.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Obituary of Jesus the Christ - 33 AD

" I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand,I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

" For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
John 3:16

"....if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:9

Becky

It's refreshing to see that I am not the only christian on the board. SCUBA seems like a sport/ industry mostly dominated by those out to party, and not too keen on going to church per se. I feel alienated most of the time because i am not going diving just to get smashed at the end of the day. Anyone else feel this way?

I feel alienated most of the time because i am not going diving just to get smashed at the end of the day. Anyone else feel this way?
Most divers I know may have one drink at the end of the day or none at all.

I feel alienated most of the time because i am not going diving just to get smashed at the end of the day.
I don't go diving to "get smashed" at the end of the day...... or do I often "party" these days! :D

But I don't go to church either.

...and neither do I feel alienated....

I reckon we all fit in somewhere.......but it's not a "one size fits all", or a matter for generalization.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it.
jonenglishlee: Your alienation is of your own making, but I wish you well. Enjoying life in ALL its aspects and being pious are not mutually exclusive, and never have been.

...I feel alienated most of the time because i am not going diving just to get smashed at the end of the day. Anyone else feel this way?

Nope...Most of the divers I know, of many faiths, dive because it is fun! Drinking afterwards is optional and for me, a beer or two is a nice way to end the dive (or any other day), but certainly not required.

Most divers I know do not drink afterward, nor are they Christians, or at least they don't discuss it if they are.

I don't go to church (well, I consider diving my "church").

What my buddies and I do afterward is share a meal. Rarely does it involve alcohol.

Nope...Most of the divers I know, of many faiths, dive because it is fun! Drinking afterwards is optional and for me, a beer or two is a nice way to end the dive (or any other day), but certainly not required.

Well said! My sentiments exactly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom