Remember little Nemo? long....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Remember our new baby, Nemo? http://www.scubaboard.com/t29245.html

Well, this is what she looks like now....

aac.jpg

Yep, she's a brand new mother. We have 5 babies....2 yellow and white tabbys, 1 dark grey with white feet, 1 lighter grey tabby with white face and feet, and 1 dk. grey tabby and white spotted. The spot she chose to have them was the rug under my desk and I couldn't get her to move! I had a great basket made up for her and the kids, she wouldn't have any part of it. So I fixed a carrier, cave-like and I couldn't even get her all the way in it. So left her on the floor and hoped she didn't decide to move them behind the scuba shelves in the cubby hole we can't get to! Sure enough, during the night she moved them to that cubby hole. Good news is she's been in and out of the basket and definately wants to be under my feet so maybe she'll move them back.

Let me back up a bit.....

She apparently was older than we thought when I found her, just small. When I took her to the vet to be spayed, he said she was too young, to wait another month. Twice he told me that, then said the third time was the charm...he would spay her regardless in three weeks. Well, when I took her in he discovered she was already pregnant. Far enough along to tell by feel so too far along to do the surgery. I do NOT need kittens! But I know we'll love them.

The daddy is a big grey tiger tom that wandered up here not long after we got Nemo. That was part of my hurry for her surgery! At first we would see him at night but never during the day, just like a Spook...so that's what we named him. He definately was someones pet at one point, he's just too loveable to be a wild stray. Needless to say, it wasn't long before he was living here permanently. He didn't have a collar when he showed up so I got him one when he got his shots (yes, I've had him to the vet). At one point when I think he was still living somewhere else during the day, I tied a note to his collar telling his other family who we were and where we lived in case they wondered. The note disappeared but I've never heard from anyone.

Also around Christmas, we started seeing another tom cat, at huge black one with beautiful white blaze, belly, legs and feet and a 3/4 length tail. We just knew the fighting was about to start. He was very timid. Once enticed to get close enough to pet, he was just as likely to bite and/or scratch as to purr. But he stayed on. He was magical how he would just silently appear beside you, so we named him Magic. After a couple of months I could pick him up for long enough to keep my skin and get him in the pet carrier to go to the vet. Neither he nor Spook ever missed a meal before they got to us...they were fat! Imagine my surprise when the vet informed me Magic was female! I never even thought to look. With her size and build, she looks more like a drag queen! Nemo hates her, and Magic enjoys antagonizing her but they know their limits and get along better than I ever expected..just don't get them in the same room together!

So from that one scrawny little kitten last June, we now have a total of 8 felines. If anyone in the Houston area is interested in a Nemo child, I will deliver anywhere within a 2 hour radious...free! We are leaving in 4 weeks for Roatan so if anyone wants to baby sit with all naming rights, I'm eager to talk to you! :wink: How can you refuse faces like this?

aaa.sized.jpg

Sorry for babbling but now you are brought up to date on the Life and Times of Nemo, the Cat.

omg.... omg... that is just the cutest kitten...

Dee:

Hi, Dee. I wasn't around the board when you posted this at first but it's a lovely story! I have a couple of moggies myself so can appreciate everything you've done and all the joy you're having right now!

Well the first thing Roger said when he saw the kittens was "Will she send me one?"...Do we make your two hour radious?...

justleesa:
Well the first thing Roger said when he saw the kittens was "Will she send me one?"...Do we make your two hour radious?...

LOL Justleesa.
Send her a ticket and give her a room at the http://www.moana-surfrider.com/index.htm
and she'll be within two hours!

:wink:

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!

One of mine is about to have kittens, anyone in So Cal need a fur ball?

I wish!!! If I can get the stamps to stick to the fur, I'll have Uncle Sam special deliver it to him!

Hee hee.....The Moana-Surfrider, that would be within two blocks! all that's missing is the ticket. :54:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom