Remember Cayman Madness? Pirate’s Week? Scuba Bowl? BUY THIS BOOK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
Ron Kipp was one of the engineers of the Cayman Islands’ greatest scuba diving events and promotions, ever. Now, in his new book, From ‘Big Blue’ to the Deep Blue: How I Jumped Off the Corporate Ladder at IBM and Into My Dream of Owning a Cayman Islands Dive Center he revisits the dawning days of dive travel, giving readers an intimate, behind-the-scenes look at a pivotal time in the scuba industry.
Ron Kipp took over Bob Soto’s Diving on Grand Cayman in 1980, and helped change the way dive stores and divers approached dive travel. He  shares stories of the epic fails and thrilling successes associated with his life-changing move to the tropics in his new book, From ‘Big Blue’ to the Deep Blue: How I Jumped Off the Corporate Ladder at IBM and Into My Dream of Owning a Cayman Islands Dive Center.
It’s an especially important read for scuba diving enthusiasts, as Ron’s stories provide an intimate look at the dawning days of dive travel in the Caribbean.
The official book launch will take place during the DEMA show in Orlando, FL November 6-9, 2013 in the Cayman Islands Pavilion, Booth #1452. Ron and Kathie Kipp and former Holiday Diver captain Brad Nelson will attend and they invite former customers and friends to stop by the booth and say hello. 
Wholesale Order Info
Ron Kipp’s book, From ‘Big Blue’ to the Deep Blue: How I Jumped Off the Corporate Ladder at IBM and Into My Dream of Owning a Cayman Islands Dive Center retails for $29.95. Wholesale rates are available, ranging from $12.95 to $14.95 and include free shipping and handling when ordered before or during DEMA. Credit cards accepted. See contact info below.
BONUS OFFER: For every order of 12 copies placed before or during DEMA, the buyer gets one entry in a prize drawing for a 5-night stay at Regal Beach Condos on Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach and diving with Red Sail Sports. (Based on availability May 1 – Dec. 15, 2014; non-transferrable or redeemable for cash. Additional terms, and restrictions apply.)

About Ron Kipp
Ron Kipp learned to scuba dive in 1968 and soon became an instructor. In 1980, on the eve of his 40th birthday, Ron became the new owner of Bob Soto’s Diving, Ltd., located on the island of Grand Cayman, which he operated for 21 years. His new book, From ‘Big Blue’ to the Deep Blue: How I Jumped Off the Corporate Ladder at IBM and Into My Dream of Owning a Cayman Islands Dive Center Kipp shares the perils and pleasures of his days as a dive center owner. He currently owns a film production company, Caribbean Producer Services on Grand Cayman, where he lives with his wife Kathie Kipp and their two spoiled Bassett hounds.

For more information or to arrange an interview with Mr. Kipp, contact him by phoning 310.534.3157 (international calling rates do not apply) or 345.916.0102 (Cayman cell, international calling rates apply); e-mail ronkipp@candw.ky or visit www.ronkipp.com

2DD5IUvzQNQ

More...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom