remedial question, how to save pics to CD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've got a cd writer/rewriter on my pc. Is it possilbe for me to save my jpeg images to a cd? The reason I"m asking is that when I try, it gives me the option of saving them to a floppy but not the cd. If I try to save them to the cd it says "please insert disc into drive E" when there is already a disc in it. I know I want a new camera, don't tell me I need a new computer too, hehehe. Take care, Greg

gt2003:
I've got a cd writer/rewriter on my pc. Is it possilbe for me to save my jpeg images to a cd? The reason I"m asking is that when I try, it gives me the option of saving them to a floppy but not the cd. If I try to save them to the cd it says "please insert disc into drive E" when there is already a disc in it. I know I want a new camera, don't tell me I need a new computer too, hehehe. Take care, Greg
What OS are you using? What kind of CD are you trying to write to - is it empty? Do you have any other 'burning' software that came with the cd writer (like Nero)?

If you have Windows XP, you can copy any files from Explorer to CD...it seems to locate the correct drive by itself.

Make sure your CD is empty and not damaged...I recently had two straight from the pack that the burner simply refused to acknowledge for whatever reason. They're duds.

If you have Nero or other burning software you should be able to select the files you want to copy and when you are finished a new screen will pop up asking which drive to burn to. (Or reverse order)

If you drive is not showing up, it may not be installed properly. A system shutdown and restart might resolve this if the burner has worked in the past.

Good luck and let us know!

Got it, thanks! I was trying to just open the pic, right click on it and save to cd without luck. I went to the "RecordNow" program and it worked without any problems. Thanks for your help. Bear with me. I'm learning. Take care, Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom