Remains of diver found in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should be posted here or in the Caribbean section.
Also checked for a previous post on this. I did not see one. I apologize if this is a duplicate post on this info, but thought it was important enough to risk repeating.

From The Bonaire Reporter - Aug.19 - Sept. 9, 2005

"The badly decomposed partial remains of a diver and his gear were found by the crew of the visiting yacht Blue Star at a depth of 58 meters (198') near the Harbour Village Hotel over the weekend. Five years ago two divers, in seperate incidentes, disappeared in the area and the remains are thought to be one of them. Positive identification may be possible when the serial number from the 'dive tag,' the token of admission to the Bonaire Marine Park, which was attached to the BC, is compared with records. At this time the remains are thought to be those of Vlada Stojanovic, 24, a resident of Belgium.
The crew of the mega-yacht Blue Star, who assisted in the recovery, were presented with a Community Appreciation Award by Island Officials."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom