Reliant Power Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PrincessOfPower

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Soooooo I have a relant power inflator that was sticking on the inflate...or more accurately not very "sharp" when pushed (the button was slow to pop back up). I pried off the inflator button and replaced the o-ring I found and put it back together and it's as good as new.

But, of course, it didn't exactly go as smoothly as that. The plastic piece that is the inflate button sort of snapped in half. It still work just fine (the botton is totally secure and responsive and all that good stuff) but it looks pretty ghetto.

Is there any way to get just that plastic piece? Can a replacement be ordered or am I stuck buying a whole new inflator?

Call your Oceanic dealer.There was a problem with some inflators sticking. There is a retrofit kit that includes the button if it's the one I'm thinking of. Kinda stylish looking thing? I had an issue with mine and went the old way. Got a new old style inflator from oceanic. I prefer it. More solid feel and not so stylish but it's not a fashion show down there. What bc do you have and how old is it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom