Reliable Cancun Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgerman95

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We have an opportunity for a quick trip to Cancun later this week and I would like some recommendations for a reliable dive operator. I'll want to take one dive in the Cancun area and one in Cozumel.

Anybody been there recently and used a dive operator that really impressed them? Let me know their name and what they charged, if you can remember that.

I'll need to rent equipment to. Did your dive operator have relatively new rental equipment? Or was it rather old and obsolete?

Thanks, everybody - I appreicate all your help.

Scuba Cancun is a good dive op, check out their site.
http://www.scubacancun.com.mx/scubadiving.htm
A wreck dive in Cancun, Palancar Wall in Cozumel and a Cenote dive near Playa del Carmin would be one fantastic dive set.
David

Try Aquaworld they been there for a long time and they are the biguest company as well check with them.

Personnelly I would enjoy the beach in CUN and save your diving for CZM. Cattle boats in CUN with poor VSBY.. CZM 100+ VSBY and great diving sites. Blue Angel Divers in CZM will take care of your diving need. Ask for Alec, she runs a first class operation.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

I booked with Scuba Cancun for two, two-tank trips. The first in Cancun - they were shallow dives and acted as refreshers for me as I hadn't been diving for almost 11 months. The group went to Granpien and Banderas reefs - both relatively shallow (30ft-45ft). I was able to try different weight combinations and work on bouyancy control.

The second trip was to Cozumel, where the group dove Santa Rosa Wall and Paradise Reef. Santa Rosa was awesome.

Very happy with the Scuba Cancun operation. Everything went as promised and would recommend them to any others who are planning on visiting Cancun.

Rich

jbliesath:
Who took you over to Coz (DM's)?

A driver picked us up at the hotel in a 10-passanger van, took us to the ferry in Playa del Carmen and accompanied us across the channel to the dock in Cozumel; he then handed us over to the DM.

On the way back, one of the DM's rode the ferry with us back to Playa del Carmen and took over the driving chores to shuttle us back to our hotels.

They had left the van parked in a lot at Playa del Carmen for the day.

The arrangements were all very satisfactory.

Back
Top Bottom