Relatively inexpensive light with a "flood" setting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hroark2112

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm not a major photographer but I do like to use a Contour from time to time while diving. I picked up a DRIS short 1000 lumen light and I like it, but the tight, intense light tends to wash out whatever I'm pointing at. I'd like a light that is still bright but has a much wider beam, more like a flood instead of a beam.

Input?? Ideas??

I'm looking at the new hog morph backup with video light head for my gopro, looks to be a really good option for the price point

I'm not a major photographer but I do like to use a Contour from time to time while diving. I picked up a DRIS short 1000 lumen light and I like it, but the tight, intense light tends to wash out whatever I'm pointing at. I'd like a light that is still bright but has a much wider beam, more like a flood instead of a beam.

Input?? Ideas??

Please take a look at our light. It delivers 980 lumens and it is a very wide angle flood light with no hot spots.
mul_sml.jpg

MAKO Underwater Photo/Video Light

I'm looking at the new hog morph backup with video light head for my gopro, looks to be a really good option for the price point

I use a hog morph with two video heads. Works out well, I don't think one video head would be enough given how wide angle the gopro and contour cameras are.

I like the look of this. Do you have a glove handle for it or just a lanyard?

Thanks for the inquiry! Sorry we do not have a glove handle for it...

I ordered two chinese XML-T6 based lights with chargers and backup batteries (they run off of one 18650, but include 2) for like $78 total. They're rated at 1800lm (lol), but they produce much closer to 1000lm. They have a very similar driver and the same emitter as the DRIS 1k lights. Greenwood said he has those lights and liked them, but they weren't good for video due to the narrow beam. I'm going to look at modifying the lens and/or the reflector to try to get more spread. We'll see how that works.

Victor where did u order those chinese lights from? Pm me please with site

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom