Rehabbing an older wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the post office delivered my DGX order in a box that was smashed up and some contents missing.

Went by DRIS after work to drop off tanks for VIP and doubles assembly. Tim and Augie got me taken care of. Tim tested the manifold on my valves. Doesn't fit. Different threading. I'm selling the manifold I was given. That will cover the cost of the manifold I bought. Somehow the shop still had the Halcyon bolt extender I needed (DRIS is no longer a Halcyon dealer, but still has a few bits and pieces around). I have a Halcyon BP with the Cinch system. You often need a bolt extender for the bottom bolt. $6.

Augie took wing in back to look for the replacement parts. He brings my wing back 15-20 minutes later with the power inflator and new OPV installed. I was going to do it myself and didn't ask him to switch them out. Turns out new elbow wasn't needed. It was apparently loose (I hadn't touched it at all before I dunked it while inflated and saw bubbles from under inflator). He inflated it and dunked it. No bubbles. Just needed to be tightened just so.

Redoing regs this weekend.

My day is complete @Marie reported on her wing !

Now for the 24 hour inflation of the bag -- An inflation bag that leaks is just and inflation rag

SDM

Yep, that's next! That and reworking regs will keep me occupied this weekend. We might get 6" of snow or more Sunday.

@Marie13
My warm sunny California day is complete - It PASSED test #1 !

1)Next step--aka step number 2
Inflate the unit place a weight (weight belt ) on top of it
(simulated pressure) for 24 hours

Report the results ASAP or PDQ

sdm

@Marie13
My warm sunny California day is complete - It PASSED test #1 !

1)Next step--aka step number 2
Inflate the unit place a weight (weight belt ) on top of it
(simulated pressure) for 24 hours

Report the results ASAP or PDQ

sdm

We got 7” of snow overnight with blizzard conditions. I got stuck 4 times on the way to work - the last time it took 4 guys to push my small sedan free.

Snow. ice sleet.rain now tornado's
Snow as high as an elephant's eye-- No that is Corn growing in the summer in Oklahoma

Inquiring minds want to know did the ole wing past the 24 hour pressure test ?

You safety -- your survival-- is of major concern for no only me but all of the Board

Please reply soon -- I setting the patio and the sun is beating on my sensitive skin

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom