Regulators which?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks are decent regulators and the first stage is exactly what you asked for (ie 2 HP, 4 LP and swivel on the DST first stage).

The ATX40/50 series are great regulators and smaller versions of the older TX40/50 (which can be picked up second hand for a great price).

They're cold water certified if thats an issue with you and reliable.

I prefer the TX to the ATX firstly the TX is bigger and keeps my chin slightly warmer in winter, secondly the ATX exhaust caused some bubbles to drift in front of my mask. Other divers dont get the problem though so it could be a person thing.

They (like most other regs) will take Nitrox to 40% without cleaning or modification if thats an issue later on.

The dive shops recommendation would be spot on it seems.

For what its worth i dive with a TX50 primary and TX40 octo.

Its worth mentioning the only difference between the 40 and 50 series is the 50 series has a diver adjustable cracking pressure dial. The 40 has to be done with an allan key out of the water. If the 40 is substantially cheaper it maybe worth getting that instead as i dont know of anyone thats ever fiddled with this control more than once.

Back
Top Bottom