Regulator Washdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SALTWATER is easily removed with a very short rinse.

The problem is pressure drives the SW down into the threads or, in the case of the HP hose, through the threads into the area of the spool. And the FW will not flow through those connections to rinse it away, so it requires time and natures dislike of an imbalance to get it out. Of course, a good coat of lube on the threads should control any damage but I prefer to remove (dilute) the SW with a long soak.

OOOoooohhhh! THOSE threads!

Would this problem cause a slow leak through the regulator?

-N

No. Primary suspects would be IP creep or 2nd stage cracking pressure adjustment.

I saw a sticker in LDS that said something like "For surface use only, not for diving".
Is this for tanks which don't meet specs?

They may be playing game to market to the paintball folks.

As a pressure vessel I don't see where they have any wiggle room on cylinder integrity.

In terms of it being clean and suitable for breathing air and/or filled with breathing air it's hard to believe that they would sell a sub standard cylinder under a surface use only pretense since they have no control over the ultimate use.

Were they selling it or was it an in-house use thing? Maybe they'd still feel confident enough in a tank that had failed hydro to use it to hold 10-20 psi for pressurizing regs while soaking. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom