Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an old Dacor scuba regulator and the first stage diaphragm is leaking. All the second stages, hoses, and gauges work, but air is getting lost a lot quicker. I’ve taken it to many dive shops that tell me they won’t even touch them for liability reasons and because they don’t make parts anymore. Is there anything I can do to this or would someone like to buy it off of me to fix up?

As you may know and experienced, OEM parts and service kits for Dacor regulators have been discontinued since the brand was killed off years ago. You are not the first diver to experience the frustration of not being able to get their Dacor regulator set shop serviced and usable again. There are a fair number of shops (maybe all) that due to liability issues will only use official OEM service kits when servicing a regulator and given Dacor's status those kits are not available.

That being said, there is a following for Dacor regulators. There are folks that collect to refurb and use, and there are folks that collect them as interesting paperweights/bookshelf conversation starters. The ones that refurb and use them will almost always service the regset themselves or have an associate willing to do the work with generic replacement parts they have researched to know will fit.

My recommendation to you, if you are not willing to get involved in servicing your reg-set yourself is to put it for sale in the appropriate ScubaBoard classifieds section. If it doesn't sell quickly then just slowly reduce the price of the advertisement until you find the price someone is willing to pay. In the interim, start scoping out a new reg set or a used one of a brand that is still shop serviceable.

Good luck.

-Z

Thanks!
As you may know and experienced, OEM parts and service kits for Dacor regulators have been discontinued since the brand was killed off years ago. You are not the first diver to experience the frustration of not being able to get their Dacor regulator set shop serviced and usable again. There are a fair number of shops (maybe all) that due to liability issues will only use official OEM service kits when servicing a regulator and given Dacor's status those kits are not available.

That being said, there is a following for Dacor regulators. There are folks that collect to refurb and use, and there are folks that collect them as interesting paperweights/bookshelf conversation starters. The ones that refurb and use them will almost always service the regset themselves or have an associate willing to do the work with generic replacement parts they have researched to know will fit.

My recommendation to you, if you are not willing to get involved in servicing your reg-set yourself is to put it for sale in the appropriate ScubaBoard classifieds section. If it doesn't sell quickly then just slowly reduce the price of the advertisement until you find the price someone is willing to pay. In the interim, start scoping out a new reg set or a used one of a brand that is still shop serviceable.

Good luck.

-Z

and that collectably unique reg fixer may well

319 004a.jpg

punch out the stuff required from the appropriate materials

171 IMG_4140a.jpg

with other stuff they've fixed

298 004a.jpg

see how depending on tolerances you cut the blade either on the inner or outer diameter of the saw

I have an old Dacor scuba regulator and the first stage diaphragm is leaking. All the second stages, hoses, and gauges work, but air is getting lost a lot quicker. I’ve taken it to many dive shops that tell me they won’t even touch them for liability reasons and because they don’t make parts anymore. Is there anything I can do to this or would someone like to buy it off of me to fix up?
Dacor made a fantastic regulator before being absorbed by Mares. Oddly enough the newer Mares Regulators use most of the same components that Dacor used back in the day. Don’t fool yourself, although there are a handful of dive shops that still overhaul them, the parts are available if you know who to contact. If you are going DIY route, contact The Scuba Museum of Cincinnati, OH. R. Singler is a good source and I believe he can service these. Also Tarpoon Dive Center of Hialeah, FL. Contact Stephanie and she may be able to help you. She has parts and service and knows where to find the parts. I found the same to be true for mine as well as my AMF Voit MR 12 II which I revived…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom