Regulator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vbcoachchris

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have an Aqualung ledged LX regulator. It is designed to mount to the cylinder with the longer part of the first stage to the top. My question is this. Will the regulator function properly if I switch the hoses and place the longer part of the first stage to the bottom?

Modern first stages (unlike second stages) typically don’t care which way is up. I inverted another, “taller”, first stage and the only problem I experienced was with certain short tank valves when the first stage crammed up against the cylinder shoulder. You’d be less likely to experience that with the “shorter” Legend.

Inverting a first stage won't cause any problem at all. One possible consideration though is whether it has a HP port on each side. If not, the SPG will be on the right side rather than the left.

vbcoachchris:
I have an Aqualung ledged LX regulator. It is designed to mount to the cylinder with the longer part of the first stage to the top. My question is this. Will the regulator function properly if I switch the hoses and place the longer part of the first stage to the bottom?

Where did you hear that?

I can't think of any reason why it would make a difference.

R..

Makes no difference.

Scott

THANKS

It does have a HP port on both sides

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom