Regulator mix and match

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I have the following regulators:

Scubapro
1st stage: MK25Evo
2nd stage: G260, S600, and R195

Zeagle
1st stage: RaZor
2nd stage: Envoy

1. Will the Scubapro G260, S600 and R195 second stages work with the Zeagle RaZor 1st stage?

2. Will the Zeagle Envoy 2nd stage work with the Scubapro MK25Evo 1st stage.

Many thanks.

You should be able to mix brads...but why?

Zeagle is on my pony, so I do not carry an octopus on my main regulator (Scubapro Mk25Evo and
G260). Should I be on a LOB and have any issue with the pony (o-ring or 1st stage), I will need an octopus on my main regulator. Therefore I need to know if the Zeagle Envoy can be moved to my Scubapro MK25Evo.

Further down the line, I have to rationalise servicing of 2nd stages as I have too many since I am doing some tech diving and will have 4 x Scubapro Mk25Evo G260. I may move the Scubapro S600 or R195 to the pony with the Zeagle RaZor 1st stage.

I believe most brands are interchangeable except maybe Poseidon which uses a different intermediate pressure and has a unique over pressure valve.

Reactions: CWK
Get yourself an intermediate pressure gauge (IP) that attaches to the BCD inflator hose and check the IP’s delivered by the SP and Zeagle first stages, unless they are very different (more than maybe 20 psi) you should be able to swap around as much as you like. The R195 second stage is unbalanced and therefore most likely to be effected by different IP’s.
The IP gauge is cheap and handy to have anyway and you should check the IP every now and then to ensure that the second stages are not creeping (IP gradually increasing beyond spec), which usually indicates that a service is overdue.

I believe most brands are interchangeable except maybe Poseidon which uses a different intermediate pressure and has a unique over pressure valve.

I picked up an old Cyclon in a bag of gear I bought, it had a ScubaPro 109 as the alternate, serviced the rig and still dive it that way without issue.

Bob

Hi all,

I have the following regulators:

Scubapro
1st stage: MK25Evo
2nd stage: G260, S600, and R195

Zeagle
1st stage: RaZor
2nd stage: Envoy

1. Will the Scubapro G260, S600 and R195 second stages work with the Zeagle RaZor 1st stage?

2. Will the Zeagle Envoy 2nd stage work with the Scubapro MK25Evo 1st stage.

Many thanks.

You should be able to switch the second stages around. Be sure to have the second stage tuned to the first stage.

The draw back to mixing brands is servicing. Can you get the reg serviced at the location you prefer to take it, or will it have to be sent to another facility? For example, can your preferred location service Zeagle and Scubapro? If so, great. If not, then it is best to have the whole reg sent off to a location that services both brands.

In the meantime, have fun.

You should be able to switch the second stages around. Be sure to have the second stage tuned to the first stage.

The draw back to mixing brands is servicing. Can you get the reg serviced at the location you prefer to take it, or will it have to be sent to another facility? For example, can your preferred location service Zeagle and Scubapro? If so, great. If not, then it is best to have the whole reg sent off to a location that services both brands.

In the meantime, have fun.
I don’t think my Scubapro dealer will service Zeagle, but I believe my Zeagle dealer will service Scubapro.

I will may eventually fit a DIN valve on my pony and just use Scubapro regulators.

...2nd stages as I have too many since I am doing some tech diving and will have 4 x Scubapro Mk25Evo G260. I may move the Scubapro S600 or R195 to the pony with the Zeagle RaZor 1st stage.
I have the opposite issue, needing second stages. Too bad we’re not compatible for shipping!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom