Regulator help! Inexperienced diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattWilliams

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello,
i have 12 dives under my belt! i am loving my diving and am in the process of buying regs, i dived with a Side exhaust reg on my instructors gear a few dives back and i really liked it! i would just like for someone ''in the know'' to tell me if these are a good deal and what i should be looking for Poseidon Cyklon 300 SCUBA regulator & Octopus | Other Sports & Fitness | Gumtree Australia Rockdale Area - Arncliffe thanks! would be apprecitated! or if any1 is selling something like this tell me :)!

They are good solid regs (albeit and old design). The big question is, do you have someone who can service them?

how often do they need servicing? and will they be fine for just recreational diving?

how often do they need servicing? and will they be fine for just recreational diving?

Every 12 months or every 300 dives, whichever comes first.

Yes, it would be fine. The guy I bought my LP72s from swears by Poseidon regulators. They're quite rugged.

they are good regs.

go for the din option unless the local dive scene has no din friendly cylinders.

They're certainly older - notice the seller upgraded to a newer Jetstream - it's a side exhaust also:

regulator_jetstream_pic37_m.jpg
You might look for one of those or the newer Xstream instead.
regulator_xstream_pic39_m.jpg

They breathe really well, likely better than the Cyklon and are much newer. Of course both cost about double what that Cyklon does also.

My buddy has an older (90's) Jetstream - at depth it's one of the best regs I've used. It tends to freeflow slightly at the surface but turning the 2nd stage down into the water stops that.
I also think our Poseidon tech is not the best there is - but he's the only option here.

The original Cyklon design is from the late 50's. Regulators & Gauges | Poseidon

There are 4 Poseidon dealers in the Victoria/Melbourne area but there is no Poseidon Service Center in Australia.

So verify that one of them can get the service kit to repair it, otherwise it might need to be shipped overseas for a more involved repair. In that case it would likely be cheaper to buy a new one.

AQUATIC ADVENTURES
2A / 5 FULHAM ROAD
ROWVILLE, VICTORIA, New South Wales 3178

BAY CITY SCUBA
20 BOUNDARY ROAD
EAST GEELONG 3219

IDC SCUBA
3745 POINT NEPEAN ROAD
PORTSEA, Victoria 3944

ALL ABOUT SCUBA
1 / 9 TRUCK CITY DRIVE
CAMPBELLFIELD, Victoria 3061

thanks guys! means alot! what Regs would you blokes suggest?

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:48 PM ----------

thanks guys! means alot! what Regs would you blokes suggest?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom