Regulator choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to throw in another vote for Phil and Brad at www.divesports.com. I have bought 2 reg sets from them so far (ds4/atx50) and highly recommend them. They were very helpful on the phone, got all the stuff to me as promised, when promised, and for the price promised. You might want to give them a call and explain what you are looking for, I'm sure they can give you some advice.

mike_s:
I'll give a 2nd... (or 3rd reply ) vote for Phil at Dive Sports also. that's where I bought my reg.

He's got both Apeks and Dive Rite, and his Dive Rite stuff is much cheaper than Dive Rite Express it.

Example is the Transpac harness with wing, wieght pockets, crotch strap, and cam buckles. At Dive Rite express you pay ala-carte full list price for these and about $860 or so... Dive Sports has the same setup in a "package deal" for $529.00 You can't beat that price.

Yeah, but they're asking about the regulators, not the BP/W. The regulators are identically priced at both Dive Sports and Dive Rite Express, but at DRE you get to select the exact hose length that you want for the same price. So you can get the RG2500 with the 7' hose without being stuck with a hose you don't need and needing to buy the longer hose (assuming you want that ! :D ) separately.

Divin'Hoosier:
Yeah, but they're asking about the regulators, not the BP/W. The regulators are identically priced at both Dive Sports and Dive Rite Express, but at DRE you get to select the exact hose length that you want for the same price. So you can get the RG2500 with the 7' hose without being stuck with a hose you don't need and needing to buy the longer hose (assuming you want that ! :D ) separately.

Good job. It sounds like you did a lot of research.... You got your own taste:wink:

For Zeagle, we not only have the parts, but the rebuild manual as well... step by step reg rebuild. But any reg bought from us, we do an annual for $39.95 and parts are free... but if you want to do them yourself... not a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom