Regulator Arrangement- Split from Welcome to Side Mount Diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been thinking about switching to a 7' hose on both sides. I think that it will allow for a better response to an OOA diver. The reason I think this is because you would always be able to donate a long hose to your buddy who needed it regardless of which reg you were breathing at the time. My only problem is how would I route everything so that it was as efficient/safe as possible?

I have been thinking about switching to a 7' hose on both sides. I think that it will allow for a better response to an OOA diver. The reason I think this is because you would always be able to donate a long hose to your buddy who needed it regardless of which reg you were breathing at the time. My only problem is how would I route everything so that it was as efficient/safe as possible?

Try 5' hoses,much easier to deal with,and will tuck away much easier.

You wouldn't need to if you have a 7 foot as well. In an emergency donate whatever is in your mouth. Once calm is restored give the OOA diver the 7 foot hose if they don't already have it and exit.

Well, he said "5' hoses", so I guess he meant for both regs. Was just a question, I haven't tried it myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom