Regulator and Octo Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok so I'm fairly new to diving and am looking into buying a new regulator and octo setup. I mostly do shore dives in Southern California, mostly at depths no greater than 60 feet. I am considering these two setups, if someone could recommend one over the other or some pros and cons I'd appreciate it. Also, I use a standard AL80, I do not use nitrox but it is certainly something I may be interested in in the future.

Aeris AT400 Pro Sport DVT and Aeris A2 Octo
Aeris AT 400 Sport DVT Regulator, New Style
Aeris A2 Octopus

or

Sherwood Magnum and Sherwood Brut Octo
Sherwood Magnum Regulator,
Sherwood Brut Octopus

I'm not sure if this matters (I'm pretty sure it doesn't), but I will throw it out there anyways. My BCD is a Sherwood Avid and my computer is an Aeris Atmos 2.

You can't go wrong with either one, but I would dump both octo and go with the Sherwood Minimus Octopus or the Sherwood Standard Octopus. The minimus because of the low profile and the standard fot the cost.

Back
Top Bottom