Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at buying my first set of devices and below are what I am presented, any comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Aqua Lung XLC Octopus (I believe, pls see attached photo)
Subapro Console 2

Those are the second stages (the part you breathe from). What does the first stage (the part that connects to the tank) look like?

Wings:
Those are the second stages (the part you breathe from). What does the first stage (the part that connects to the tank) look like?

Here's a photo of the first stage, not sure what brand it is though.

Also, do you think having a compass is necessary?

This whole set w/a Seaquest Spectrum I would cost me around US$500. Is that a good deal?

Thanks.

You have all Aqualung and or Seaquest products. Both are owned by the same company. The first stage looks a bit like a Aqualung Titan. Hard to tell by the picture. Need specs on the design of the first stage.

Where are you located? That price seems to be just a bit too high. Depending upon which first stage you have, $300 - $400 US would be what we would pay in the states. But this looks like a nice regulator setup for someone just getting started.

Wings:
Where are you located? That price seems to be just a bit too high. Depending upon which first stage you have, $300 - $400 US would be what we would pay in the states. But this looks like a nice regulator setup for someone just getting started.

I'm from Hong Kong. Does that make a difference to the price?

chocolate:
Here's a photo of the first stage, not sure what brand it is though.

Also, do you think having a compass is necessary?

This whole set w/a Seaquest Spectrum I would cost me around US$500. Is that a good deal?

Thanks.

I think the first stage is an Aqualung Calypso and both second stage is an XLC. They are good solid inexpensive regs. I think a compass is very nessasary although it does not need to be part of the console. I prefer wrist mount.

cheers,

definitely not a calypso More than likely an older version of the titan They are an ok performing diaphragmreg. A little large but ok. $500 US definetely too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom