reg setup for 100% O2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having my reg (tx40/ds4) annually serviced and cleaned for use on a deco bottle.

My question is concerning the SPG. What has to be done for O2 compatability? Just the o-ring on the hose into the 1st stage?
OMS brass spg, by the way.

Is it a good idea to change the plastic cover on the 2nd stage to green?

If these questions would have been answered in my class... I'm getting the reg ready for deco class next month.

Nothing is what I did to mine, not even O2 cleaned (OH MY GOD! HE' GONNA DIE!!!!!)

No green stuff required, or even wanted.

:)

Tom

I'll bet $500 that not one "techie" diver in 100 has an O2-service-rated HOSE (the physical material the hose is made out of) on their deco bottle.

This is probably not much of an issue on the second stage hose. It could become one if you spiked the pressure (say, by slamming the valve on) on the SPG.

This reminds me of my first trimix dive. A frind loand me a set of doubles and deco gas for a 130 ft dive. I used my own gear(SP regs) And befor the dive I charged the 100% reg and half expected it to blow in my face:eek:ut: . I knew it wouldent but the first time is a little weird. Even during the deco I was a little nervous although I kept telling my self that there is nothing to worry about.

Its funny how a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Ignition in first stages HAS been documented and CAN happen, although its not easy to do.

It would suck if it happened to you though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom