Reg Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking at some regs today and have a couple of Q's about them.

First the doublehoses. I know there are full replacement parts for DAMs but what about Healthways? I saw one in very nice condition (new/old stock - never dived) but wonder if it will be harder to service than the more popular DAM. The Healthways was $250 and the DAM was $300.

Next the singlehoses. There was a first stage with metal seconds (Aqualung Aquarius and Conshelf VI). Could I still get replacement parts for them? Also a Calypso III second stage.

Next time I'm there I will take pictures and post. The fellow has a whole vintage collection he is trying to sell off.

Thanks,
Dale.

No one is making and selling reproduction parts for the Healtways regulators and NOS parts are very hard to come by. They are also not known to perform as well as most US Divers or Voit regulators.

Parts are available for many vintage US Divers regulators. The second stages of all the 1970 and late 60’s US Divers use basically the same generic parts. You can get service kits from Slonda. He advertises at VDH in the parts area.

The first stages of the Conshelf and the Aquarius can also be easily serviced. You can also get service kits from Slonda or in the case of the Conshelf, any Aqua Lung dealer can service it or get you parts.

The Calypso III first stage can also be service, but the seat has to be resurfaced since no replacement seats are available.

Good luck

I have two Aquarius regs and one Conshelf XI. The Aquarius is a very rugged reg and is fiendishly simple to overhaul. The Conshelf uses the same parts as the Titan and parts and service are readily available. The Aquarius is my favorite single hose because of its simplicity and utter dependability.

If you want a Healthways to play with go for it but they breath horrid. They are pretty, but looks count for little I long ago figured out. I would give him 25 dollars for it but not 250 dollars, lol. A collector I am not.

The Conshelf regs can be rebuilt, many current parts for the Titan etc can be utilized, Slonda can help you out perhaps with odds and ends. I have given away all of my parts for such things.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom