Reg Lifetime Warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shakespear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I spoke with a LDS shop about getting some gear. They sell Oceanic gear "package" deals. BC/Reg/Computer for about $1450.

The selling point for them is a "lifetime" warranty. I pay labor and tax, so I guess parts are free? (I had asked about a Mares Abyss)

When I look on Leisurepro, it says a 24 month warranty.

So whats the deal?

Leisurepro is not an authorized dealer of a lot of it's products (in other words the manuf warranty is void) so they offer their own warranties instead. I suspect that is the difference. If your looking on line, check out some of the on line dealer that are factory authorized to sell their products. Scubatoys is one of them and they offer a SB member discount to boot.

Yes, Oceanic regs have a two-year warranty.

BUT.... if you purchase your reg from an authorized dealer and have the reg serviced every year by an authorized service center, Oceanic provides the parts free FOR LIFE.

No, LeisurePro IS NOT an authorized Oceanic dealer. But they do provide their own in-house warranty package for the products they sell. You won't get free parts for life if you purchase from LP.

You don't have to buy a package to get the lifetime parts, you just have to buy from an authorized dealer. If you don't have an LDS that you really like, I highly recommend ScubaToys. They provide fantastic customer service and great pricing.

Oceanic currently has several promo offers available.

If you purchase an Islander BC, you'll get a free wetsuit! Oceanic Worldwide - Special Offer - FREE .5mm Ultra Jumpsuit or 2mm Ultra Shorty with Purchase of an Islander BC!

If you purchase a full kit -- BC, computer, reg, and octo -- they'll send you a free wheeled duffle. (I paid $170 for mine and it's a great bag!) Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear

Yes, Oceanic regs have a two-year warranty.

BUT.... if you purchase your reg from an authorized dealer and have the reg serviced every year by an authorized service center, Oceanic provides the parts free FOR LIFE.

[/url]

Ah, thats the rub. I think I will get the package deal from the LDS. After talking to the owner, his price is the same as Leisure pro, I didnt even ask for a discount.

That's an excellent LDS!

I was told that Leisurepro is (or is becoming) an authorized Oceanic dealer, and that is the reason for MAP pricing on their website. If so, do they offer an Oceanic manufacturer's warranty in lieu of their own?

Yes... but not yet. You'd need to wait to purchase from them after they become an official dealer.

Both Oceanic USA and Oceanic Australia have "parts for life" service programs - they are administered independently - and ultimately up to the dealer. In your case, my answer would be yes, if you returned the reg to the USA for service, or find a very accommodating dealer in Australia.

From the Oceanic website for authorized dealers:

Oceanic has thousands of Authorized Dealers around the globe. Buying from an Authorized Dealer can ensure that you purchase authentic products that qualify for exclusive Oceanic Warranty and Service Programs. If you are unable to visit a dealer in person, we have a select group of Authorized Online Dealers that sell all of our products through their web sites.

LOCviewsite.jpg

Leisure Pro
42 West 18th Street
New York, NY. 10011
212-645-1234
View Map

Back
Top Bottom