Reflector EKKP style dimensions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHoug

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Forum

As so many before me I'm currently "designing" a canister light.

I want to build a light similar to Halcyon, Agir or Salvo, and I've so fare figured out the canister and now I need to work on the lighthead.
I've found the reflector that is used in the EKKP lighthead, so now I just need to do a shroud that fits, thus I was wandering if any should have som dimensions or drawings they wnat to share.

I don't have any dimensions for the shroud unless you want me to measure my old #3, but I am curious if you have access to more reflectors? I might be interested in upgrading mine.

Also, I had a local machine shop make a delrin light slug for me. It came out great. I could have the same one made for you if you like.

Hunter

The reflector details I found on airspeedpress.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Page 15 THE REFLECTOR
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lowel Light part number given for a 5" video reflector, part #01-15 is wrong - LL doesn't seem to make a suitable reflector. A better choice is Lumedyne reflector 091W (the W is for wide - there's a narrower beam 091 too) which lists for about $23 and can be ordered from B&H Photo (big NYC/Inet photoshop) for about $16.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recently rumors began circulating of a new super-reflector, with a tight, clean, laser-like beam originating with the Euro EKPP, and sold by the DIR Zone in Germany. The superior beam seemed to be due to two factors, an extended shroud that extended 1" (25 mm) or so beyond the reflector bowl to reduce back-scatter, and a slightly larger, more precision reflector. Most US divelight manufacturer quickly lengthened the shroud on their #3 Super Spot goodman handles to match, and one or two even sold them to the unsuspecting as "EKPP reflectors". The genuine EKPP goes for about $100 without the handle, and appears to use an off-the-shelf Dev Pein #230-938 reflector cup.[/FONT]

As you might have notised Dev-Pein is a German supplier. If you get the time to measure your #3 that will be cool :cool2:.

I'm based in Europe, so I'm not sure it worth the while to manufactor a slug in th US, but if you wnt to share the drawings it will be soo cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom