ReefNet SubSee pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned in a thread someone started about Reefnet SubSee macro adapters that I'd post some pics from my new adapter when I got back from Bonaire. Sadly enough, I am back (WAAHHHH...). Anyway, I was using the SubSee on my also new Canon G10 w/ the Canon housing and a (yeah, new) Sea & Sea YB110 Alpha strobe. (Sheesh, all that newness, it's a wonder I could still dive.)

Anyway, it all worked. And despite the newness, things went well. Couple mentions. Having just gotten back (WAAHHH...) I haven't done any post-processing on these and they are small files as well. (Well ok, I did run a slight Levels correction on the Christmas Tree shot.) No sharpening, no cropping (except as noted on the blennie). And these are from the jpegs, not the raw files. I'm only mentioning all this because "right out of the box" things worked and I'm pleased with the outcome. Haven't had time to look at the complete "take" yet but I am very pleased w/ how the SubSee worked out.

If you have any questions fire away, will check back as I can. I'm not posting to impress anyone (as if...) but simply because of ALLthe help I've gotten on SB from this and other Forums. If any of my exeriences can help, that's cool. I would like to thank EJ Bali who posted a thread a few months ago about the Sea & Sea strobes that NYNEX has on eBay and also thank NYNEX too--the strobe and arm setup worked great. Oh, and I should thank Keri Wilk of ReefNet for all his help in cobbling up an adapter for the Canon housing on practically a moment's notice and for answering all my questions (even if he still won't listen to Ian Tyson). Thanks all! :eyebrow: // ww

Attachments

• Blennie w SubSee uncropped.jpg
    Blennie w SubSee uncropped.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 73
  • Blennie cropped.jpg
    Blennie cropped.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Arrow crab uncropped.jpg
    Arrow crab uncropped.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Christmas Tree uncropped.jpg
    Christmas Tree uncropped.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 71
Cool!!!

Great shots (well... at least for a self-proclaimed Wank)! :D

Do you have any comparison shots of any subjects (with and without the SubSee)? I'd be interested to see what magnification difference it makes with the G10, since I haven't had a chance to fully test that system yet.

Keri

Keri--Um, well kinda. Didn't do a lot of size comparsions shots and what I can find right now are not all that sharp due to (dare I say it) Wank error. At least on the Flamingo Tongue you can see the size differences--both are uncropped as noted, camera at 140mm FL equivalent. (I have to stick in a Pederson cleaner shrimp pic just because the world needs yet another one of those!) :eyebrow:

It is a big magnification jump going from camera macro to the SubSee but picky lens type that I am, I have no problems with sharpness, edge fall-off etc. of the SubSee (not that the attch's show much detail for judging those). Hmmm, when I get a chance I'll have to insert a larger detail of something. // ww

Attachments

• Uncropped w out SubSee.jpg
    Uncropped w out SubSee.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Uncropped w SubSee.jpg
    Uncropped w SubSee.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Pederson Cleaner Shrimp.jpg
    Pederson Cleaner Shrimp.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 72
really nice shots!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/