ReefNet Inc. Subsee Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if you decide not to fabricate your own homemade port adapter, we've got them available (or can design them quickly) for almost any camera housing/port, including the Canon G10 WP-DC28, which is already in production.

Is the Ikelite G10 housing adapter already in production? Or would I have to send you mine for measurements?

Which of these would be your ideal choice? I will definitely get the Subsee +10 Diopter at some point, but after reading the review... I should probably start with a normal macro lens first and then work myself up to a higher magnification "super macro lens".

The combination of the Subsee swing arm adapter and one of these lenses seems like the perfect combination for what I want to achieve. Without all the hassle of custom fabrication.

OOPS, I misread your original post (thought you were using the Canon WP-DC28 housing). I have the dimensions for the Ikelite G10 port, but haven't needed to produce one yet, since we've just sold out of SubSees.

In fact, we're taking this opportunity to greatly improve on the SubSee Magnifier design (larger diameter, multi-layer broadband anti-reflection coatings, optical glass windows, different strengths, M67 threads on both ends for stacking, etc...). We're going to offer a +5 diopter version in addition to the current +10.

If you send me your email address, I can give you more details... I feel uncomfortable using this forum for commercial purposes.

You should get the M67 threaded lens, it will be easier to fab an adapter for unless the Reefnet fellow will market such an item. I believe I have the only AD to 67mm threaded adapter in existence and I am not making another.

I find it hard to believe that Ikelite does not have a 67mm threaded adapter for the G10 given that it's strong suite is macro if nothing else. ?????????

N

Keri

I think it's great to see manufacturers participating in discussion forums - it demonstrates a keen interest in the end users.

You have mentioned releasing a version with M67 threads. I am using an Athena port for my 50mm macro which has a 67mm thread - I take it this would remove the need for the swing arm? I ask because I like the idea of the arm, threading wet lenses on an off is a PITA. Could the swing arm still be used in my case?

@AndyT - These forums are certainly very helpful for improving products... face-to-face, people tend to hold back criticisms... but online, people are more inclined to "unleash" themselves. :)

Yes, the new SubSees will have M67 threads on both ends (male/female) to allow stacking and direct interfacing with some port systems. But for those who don't want to be bothered with threading their lenses on and off all the time (I agree, it's a PITA), we're still offering a full line of hinged adapters available for just about every port in production, including your Athena port. We've even got an adapter designed that'll fit over the Athena ringflash :D

Keri

Last edited:
Haven't had my SubSee (that I got for my WP-DC28 Canon housing) underwater yet but I'll cure that this Saturday on Bonaire. My above water shooting tests though (hey, it's cold in Central Oregon ok?) have satisfied my picky sense for optics. The swing-away holder is a very nice feature for uw versatility (a small enclosed magnet holds things closed when in use) and apparently will allow for future products to be attached--good to know.

Almost best of all, Keri is a real professional, dealing with all my myriad questions and concerns and getting things to me in a timely fashion. I look forward to using this setup and will try to post some comparison pics upon my return. (Oh, did I mention "TWO WEEKS" on Bonaire?) I'd say the only concern I had was finding out that Keri had no idea who Ian Tyson was ("No, not Mike's older brother Keri...") but hey, ReefNet puts out some quality products even if some of the help doesn't know all their Canadian musical heritage! + + + The Legendary Ian Tyson Official Website + + + Opps, gotta finish packing...:eyebrow: // ww

I tried the SubSee Adapter for the first time today. I have to say that it was so easy to use. I loved the results. Here are a couple of shots taken with it.

1240109163_nudi-27.jpg

Squat Urchin Shrimp
1240109256_squat-urchin-shrimp-2.jpg

1240109225_squat-urchin-shrimp-1.jpg

Nice Shots Fisheye :) What camera / strobe are you using?

Great stuff fisheye !! Convinced me that this is what I need/want !
Are they full frame or crops? Either way they are still great !

Do you have a scientific name for the first pic? Looks so much like one of ours.

Back
Top Bottom